- Position Type:
09 - Transportation
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Open until filled
Salary Range: Full/Part-Time: Work Days/Year: $19.96/hr + approved work experience Full Time 185 Days
If hired, the State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To provide safe and efficient transportation of students to school and extra-curricular events while also providing leadership by communicating and modeling transportation safety and best practices to assigned team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ability to keep routes up to date and to help drivers with safe and efficient routing procedures.
- Ability to answer questions and provide student management assistance to route drivers.
- Responsible for the training and review of drivers as well as the evacuation training procedures for students at our schools.
- Assist in dispatch and other areas authorized by the Director of Transportation.
- Dispatch drivers/monitors and buses as needed to ensure routes are completed.
- Respond to radio calls during the operation of transportation services.
- Communicates with school clients and other personnel.
- Maintains records and filing system.
- Operate a school bus when and as directed.
- Assist management with other transportation functions as needed.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide daily operational oversight to Bus Drivers and Monitors.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Valid Texas Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger & School Bus endorsements.
- Driving record must meet State point requirements and district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Must pass physical, including drug test.
- Three years Bus Operator experience within a school district.
- Knowledge of the district area and schools; professional business communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Skills in typing, work processing and file maintenance skills and have organizational skills under pressure with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to complete routine forms, use existing form letters and/or conduct routine oral communication.
- May be required to physically assist students into bus.
- Ability to regularly pick up 40 pounds.
- Able to clean windshields, adjust mirrors, open/close windows
- Able to move or lift injured students (up to 180 pounds) to evacuate bus.
- Ability to carry or drag a 125-pound person 30 feet in 30 seconds in the case of an emergency
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays and non-household dust.
- Will be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- May drive vehicle in inclement weather.
- May drive in heavy traffic or on unfamiliar roads and in situations requiring precise maneuvering.
Equal Opportunity Employer