- With direction from senior designers or more senior design technician, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings according to established standards.
- Assists in the development of solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Develops presentations, early design studies, prepares sketches and 3D renderings.
- Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Possess basic hand and CAD/BIM drafting skills.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max.
- Proficiency in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently enrolled in an architecture or related design degree program.
- Previous internship with an architectural design firm preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.