The Land Development Manager is responsible for managing the Division’s land development program by directing activities such as roadway construction, water and sewer installation, earthwork, landscape, irrigation activities, vertical construction and public utility coordination. #CB #ZR
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with engineers, brokers, contractors, consultants, title companies, municipalities, state agencies, accounting, legal and construction staff
- Represent organization in many areas from Planning Board to homeowner interaction
- Responsible for site improvement bidding and bid selection leading to site improvement contract negotiations
- Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance
- Responsible for value engineering during the design process to reduce improvement costs without sacrificing quality
- Exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Manage entitlement process
- Critically review engineering plans
- Oversee and coordinate planning, permit and construction process and effectively forecast long-term schedules and budgets
- Oversee projects from permit approvals through construction and final bond release and community turnover.
- Responsible for construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports, Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports
- Plan, schedule, budget and contract for above plus common elements such as entrance features, global landscape programs, maintenance contracts and community wide utility plans
- Overall material management planning and effective field operations
- Negotiate utility extension agreements
- Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region
- Develop and maintain complex schedules
- Maintain LD Status / exception reports
- Manage hard, soft and legal costs
- Insure quality bidding/contracts/budgets
- Ensure compliance with Lennar requirements for bidding, invoicing, insurance, etc.
- Cash flow generation and maintenance
- Sureties generation, management and release
- Prepare LD portion of feasibility
- Ensure efficient and seamless operations between LDM & Builder areas of responsibility
- Support division and department goals and objectives
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, construction management, business administration or similar program preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in land development and construction/engineering
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with a national homebuilding company
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Ability to read and understand engineering and architectural plans at a high level of proficiency
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Computer literacy, especially regarding word processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
This is primarily an active position which requires the associate to have the ability to work in excess of eight hours a day, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. The associate must be able to operate computer equipment, see, speak and hear. Finger dexterity is required to operate an iPad and phone. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.