Coach, Cross Country – Boys’ Head
Auburn High School
2020 – 2021 School Year
Montgomery County Public Schools has an opening and is accepting applications for a Boys’ Head Cross Country Coach position that is available for the 2020-2021 school year at Auburn High School. This position requires boys’ locker room supervision included in the duties.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director and/or Principal, the coach must plan and implement a high quality athletic program that stresses fundamentals, teamwork, and sportsmanship while maintaining high safety standards for all athletes. The coach must also be committed to high academic standards for all athletes by monitoring the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be age 21 or older
- Successful completion of the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) course and test entitled “Basic Virginia High School League Course” accessible at http://www.asep.com/asep_content/org/VHSL.cfm prior to beginning coaching duties with MCPS (there is a fee associated with this course). Courses completed before 2009 do not satisfy this requirement.
- Successful completion of the NFHS Concussion in Sports course accessible at www.nfhs.org prior to beginning coaching duties with MCPS (there is no fee associated with this course)
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and school administrators
- Ability to motivate students
- Ability to be dependable and punctual
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required
- Previous experience as a coach or participation in the sport at the high school or college level
- Current CPR certification
Salary: $2,520 - $3,755.61, depending on experience
Closing date: Open until filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Montgomery County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention, or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, age, marital status, disability or status as a special disabled veteran is prohibited. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, when necessary.
Director of Human Resources and Assistant Superintendent for Operations
750 Imperial Street SE, Christiansburg, VA 24073