IRVING INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
OPERATIONS and SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER
Job Title: Custodial Services&Facilities Rental Manager Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director of Facilities and School PAY GRADE: Admin/Prof 2 (261 days)
Dept./School: Facilities Date Revised: 01/2021
Direct and manage custodial services for all district facilities. Establish cleaning schedules and procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds. Provide management oversight of the district's Facilities Rental program.
High School Diploma or GED Required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Clear and valid Texas driver's license
Knowledge of routine custodial practices and methods
Knowledge of equipment, chemicals, and materials used in cleaning processes
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building maintenance
Knowledge of effective facilities rental programs
Ability to effectively manage budget and resources
Ability to manage personnel
Effective planning and organizational skills
Ability to communicate in English and Spanish, preferred
A minimum of five (5) years in an administrative or supervisory custodial position. Proven supervisory experience in leading a large and diversified staff. Other experience may be substituted with approval from the department director.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work cooperatively with principals and facilities managers to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations.
- Establish and oversee work schedules and procedures for the regular custodial care of all district facilities and special custodial projects. Make work assignments and arrange for substitute custodians as needed.
- Inspect all district buildings and facilities and schedule cleaning and repairs as needed.
- Provide training and orientation to all custodians related to cleaning procedures and the safe and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
- Coordinate the moving and delivery of district furniture, equipment, and other heavy or bulky materials.
- Direct the set-up of facilities for special events.
Facilities Rental Program
- Oversee and manage the Districts Facility Rental program in accordance with Board Policy GKD.
- Market the Facilities Rental program to a broad spectrum of the community.
- Coordinate the set-up, staffing and use of facilities for all non-district use.
- Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, district, and insurance regulations and train custodians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
- Ensure established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Inventory and Equipment
- Evaluate and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be used.
- Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for custodial equipment. Ensure maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition. Recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
- Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records. Order tools, equipment, and supplies as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of department budget.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required including maintaining accurate information for payroll reporting (timecards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
- Exhibit behavior that is professional, courteous, ethical, and responsible; and serve as role model for staff and public.
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Ethics and district policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of department personnel.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard cleaning tools and equipment; may use small hand tools and power tools; light truck or van
Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; may work in tiring and uncomfortable position
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding; regular grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving.
Lifting: Regular moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds); occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds and over)
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, noise, vibration; exposure to chemical and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress