- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Any Elementary, Middle School or High School
Salary Range: Full/Part-Time: Work Days/Year: June & July Sessions
Notes: Westside Elementary or Vista Ridge HS
To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the assigned summer school subject area. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be successful.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of LISD's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differentiation.
• Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
• Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, interests and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct assessment of student progress and use results to plan instructional activities.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Be a positive role model for students, support mission of LISD.
• Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
• Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
• Communicate student strengths and challenges to parents according to campus/district guidelines.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
• Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required according to campus/district deadlines established.
• Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
• Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned.
• Experience in student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification.
• Knowledge of assigned subject area; curriculum and instruction strategies; relevant technology; and state, LISD, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
• Skilled in communication, organization, problem-solving, critical thinking and flexibility.
• Ability to present information accurately and clearly; manage multiple priorities and projects; and instruct students and manage their behavior.
• May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
• Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
• Maintain emotional control under stress.
• Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
• Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
• Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
Equal Opportunity Employer