PowerSchool’s Corporate Counsel is an important role within the legal department. An entry level position on a team of experienced attorneys and contract administrators to support PowerSchool’s sales team and procurement activities. This position will primarily focus on privacy and security related matters, such as policy drafting, training, incident support and regulatory analysis. Other responsibilities will include; (i) commercial and licensing agreements (particularly involving software licenses, services, procurement, partnership/alliances, sales, and other contractual arrangements to support the business); (ii) federal, state, and local government contracting and regulatory matters; and (iii) intellectual property agreements, customer negotiations, and issue resolution; (iv) vendor and supplier, real estate and facility-related agreements. The position will involve collaborating with members of our sales groups and our procurement team; and (v) other matters as assigned. This position will draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial and procurement contracts (e.g., licensed and hosted software and other technology-related agreements; outsourcing; NDAs/confidentiality agreements; vendor/supplier contracts; strategic alliance agreements; license and cross-licensing agreements; marketing services agreements; subcontractor agreements.) The role will also involve legal operation projects as may be required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advising, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements support sales of license subscriptions and professional services agreements, hardware sales and other required documents in support of PowerSchool’s fast-growing technology-based business.
- Advising internal business stakeholders on commercial, risk and contractual issues within a complex, public regulatory environment.
- Working cross-functionally to collaborate on the development of new policies and processes to support the growing business.
- Teaming with others in the department to design and present legal training for the sales organization.
- Interest in and some experience in software licensing, including, SaaS, licensed software, cloud-based solutions, intellectual property, and open
- Interest in and some experience with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating federal (under FAR), state, and local government contracts related to, among other things, software licensing, marketing, products and services procurement, privacy and data rights and processing, and professional
- Some experience with or exposure to procurement agreements for products and services including complex software, technology, hardware purchase and leasing, professional services, general commercial, and offshore and domestic outsourcing
- Some experience with corporate transactions.
- Ability to understand and independently draft a variety of policies and procedures for all functional and subject matter areas of the company.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a high and diverse volume of contractual and other legal matters with self-initiation of problem identification and resolution.
- Excited to gain a deep understanding of and familiarity with the company's business, its people, products, markets, and customers in order to identify trends and formulate structures and strategies
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Recognized privacy certification such as CIPP/US a requirement, with CIPP/E, CIPM, and/or CIPP/G a plus.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to mitigating risk to the corporate
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably with a private equity, publicly traded company, and a top law firm.
- D. from a top tier law school.
- Member of a state bar in good-standing.
- Ability to have a good time in a casual atmosphere, while working hard and meeting expectations!
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.