Mueller Water Products, Inc., is a leading manufacturer and marketer of products and services used in the transmission, distribution and measurement of water in North America. Our broad product and service portfolio includes engineered valves, fire hydrants, metering products and systems, leak detection and pipe condition assessment. We help municipalities increase operational efficiencies, improve customer service and prioritize capital spending. MWP brands include Mueller®, Echologics®, Hydro Gate®, Hydro-Guard®, HYMAX®, Jones®, Krausz®, Mi.Net®, Milliken®, Pratt®, Singer®, and U.S. Pipe Valve & Hydrant.
This position is a paid internship/co-op for a college student currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields. The duration of this internship is expected to be between 3-6 months, beginning in June 2020 with the possibility for extension based on business need. This position willprovide entry level support to the Mueller Water Products corporate IT, Information Security department.LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY.
Internship work and experiences may include any of the below mentioned tasks. Other duties may be assigned as well based on business need or learning opportunities
- Applies foundational functional knowledge to produce work deliverables in support of departmental initiatives
- Assists in monitoring internal and external networks, systems, and applications for security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches)
- Responds to cyber incidents, performing routine analysis using security tools
- Assists in using the discoveries from the incident response process to make basic improvements to the existing detection capabilities
- Documents basic findings to security alerts
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Currently enrolled in or graduate of a degree program in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Administration or other related field.
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required