Job Number: 4494
External Description: At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. And as you start your career journey, we also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. We've got incredible plans for the future of mobility - and your future, too! We're working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. You can play a key role in the development of our innovations as part of the Ford College Graduate Program.
What you'll be able to do:
With the Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program, you'll experience a wide variety of rotational, developmental job assignments during your first three years with us. The program includes:
- In-depth orientation and training
- Individual involvement in planning and selecting assignments
- Mentoring by senior management
- The opportunity to influence the design of future mobility solutions!
Spurring innovation and delivering world class vehicles is only possible with the commitment and partnership of our supply base to deliver highest quality parts, on time, at committed capacity, and with the optimum cost. Our Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineers play a critical role in achieving our goals with intense focus on robust supplier selection during the sourcing process, establishing manufacturing feasibility on new technologies, delivering successful supplier launch of new model parts, ensuring supplier quality & manufacturing systems sustainability, and driving lean manufacturing principles. OurSTAEngineers represent Ford Motor Company at supplier manufacturing facilities across North America.
Purchasing's STA Ford College Graduate (FCG)Rotational Program provides a thorough orientation to the Purchasing STA function. Your responsibility grows as fast as you can handle it, giving you an opportunity to make a major contribution to our products and success. As an FCG, you will be provided ongoing mentoring and career counseling. At the conclusion of your program, you move on to an assignment based on your abilities, interests, and the needs of the company.
Responsibilities will vary based on position and project:
- Interfacing and managing relationships with Manufacturing, Product Development, Logistics and other Purchasing groups
- Managing the launch of new model parts and change management actions
- Partnering with the Ford Product Development team to reduce current model warranty
- Leading efforts to continuously improve supplier manufacturing quality and capability
- Coaching suppliers on proper development / deployment of Quality Operating System techniques
- Leading emergency problem resolution onsite with suppliers
- Assessing suppliers installed part capacity
- Working effectively with diverse people and cross-functional teams
- Must have completed and passed an internship with Ford Motor Company in the previous 24 months
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
- Available for full time employment by September 2021
- 3.0 GPA (4.0 Scale)
- 0-3 years of related work experience
- Must be willing to relocate to the Southeast Michigan area
- Must havea valid andunrestricted driver's license
- Ability to Travel Required - up to 70% depending on position & project
What you'll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you'll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You'll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you'll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits.
You'll also receive excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.Visa sponsorship is not availableforthis position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age,sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 39790BR
Community / Marketing Title: 2021 Purchasing - Supplier Tech Assistance - FCG - Former Interns ONLY
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US