Full time, 40 hour per week position. $14.77 o $20.89 per hour. Position is open until filled.
The City of Dover Facilities & Grounds Division is seeking an individual to perform a variety of routine unskilled and semi-skilled manual laboring duties involving the maintenance of city buildings, parks, ball fields, playgrounds, traffic signals, street lights, and other facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position. The listed examples may not include all duties found in this class):
1. Perform general heavy laboring duties in assisting skilled and semi-skilled workers; lay curbstones, remove trees, mix and pour cement, and other general labor work that might include general excavation or landscaping utilizing pick, shovel, and rake.
2. Maintain park, ball fields, and playground facilities, mow grass, clear weeds and brush, rake and pack leaves and debris, etc.
3. Serve as snowplow operator’s helper and may perform as wing man on plow. Attach and remove snowplows, sanders, and associated equipment from vehicles.
4. Shovel snow and spread sand or salt on sidewalks, parking lots, steps.
5. Load and unload heavy objects into or from trucks, storage units, etc.
6. Assist in other activities to mitigate conditions caused by extreme weather conditions, and natural and man-made disasters.
7. Operate and perform maintenance on hand tools and other machinery which may include, but not be limited to, mowers, brush cutters, chainsaws, weed whackers, etc.
8. Occasionally performs traffic control functions at job sites.
9. Operate trucks and motorized equipment as necessary.
10. Maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
11. Work a flexible work schedule as required during the winter months.
12. Familiar with and executes safe work procedures associated with assigned work.
13. Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Basic knowledge of and the ability to use simple hand and power tools. Ability to perform simple and routine manual labor and perform one routine job for a prolonged period. Sufficient physical strength, conditioning and agility to perform strenuous manual labor for extended periods of time under adverse and varying weather and climatic conditions.
EDUCATION/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent, and one year’s experience in construction, road maintenance or trade work, or and equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position. Valid Operator’s license required, CDL-B license with air brake and tanker endorsement preferred.
Benefits associated with full-time employment offered.