Profile & Description
Technical Analysts are responsible for the implementation and administration of: Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), firewalls, and other network infrastructure systems.
• Administers switches, routers, firewall engines, load balancers and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise at multiple sites
• Administers TCP/IP on the network including tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems. Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
• Ability to perform basic as well as intermediate troubleshooting if issues occur
• Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis
• Primary administrator and able to participate in peer review for all network change management functions including the security/subnets/Vlans/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems and configuring trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
• Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agents, access control, intrusion detection, and WAN optimization service.
• Ability to escalate issues when appropriate
• Ability to record/update tickets in the Service Management tool
• Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
• Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
• Experience with patch panel cabling
• Experience with system builds and decom’s
• Ability to rack or rack or de-rack hardware
• Proven experience with monitoring systems
• Proven experience with automation software
• Knowledge of hardware components and hardware troubleshooting procedures
• Ability to seek solutions to problems using one’s own resources
• Three years' related work experience in network administration and an associate level networking certification (CCNA Family). Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Understanding of ITIL concepts
• Position requires knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignments:
Network hardware including Cisco stackable switches, chassis switches, Enterprise routers, small remote routers; network communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.)
O Network communication hardware (LAN, WAN, routers, switches, cabling, etc.)
O Network topologies (Ethernet, VLANs, MPLS, VPNs, ISDN, etc.)
O Network security infrastructure (Cisco ASAs, Firewall Services Modules, Checkpoint firewalls, exploits, viruses, etc.)
O Server operating systems (Windows, Linux, VMWare, etc.), directory services
O Integration, network based printing systems, and telecommunication hardware and software (PBXs, IP phones, etc.)
O Experience with network management systems including Nagios, Orion, and WebSense
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
• Use independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
• Associate degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related degree / work experience
• A combination of education, experience and training may be considered in lieu of a formal degree
• Position requires the ability to provide on-call support as directed. Occasional travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage and monitor all installed Network systems and infrastructure
• Perform basic troubleshooting when issues occur
• Escalate issues to management when appropriate
• Executing Requests for Changes (RFCs)
• Record/update tickets in the Service Management tool
• Provide escort services for co-location customers, suppliers or business partners as appropriate
• This job’s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually requires ADP I or II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.
Minimum Environmental Expectations:
• This position will require working indoors. Typical workweek is twelve (12) hour workdays, three (3) days per week on the weekend, as well as longer hours as needed. This position deals with some aggressive personalities and could be stressful
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178