Job Title: Software Manager
Job Number: 2547
Job Location: Reston, VA
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Software Manager. The selected candidate will have an important role in supporting the United Census Bureau in preparing for the upcoming 2020 Decennial Census Enumeration. The Census results will provide valuable bench-mark socio-demographic information to be use government wide.
The Software Manager will be a highly motivated individual who will manage software development and integration efforts to support large nationwide operations. He/She must be able to excel in a high paced environment and have a strong analytical, business process, engineering and agile development & programming background. The selected candidate must be comfortable working with team members in a highly interactive environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 4-year degree in a related discipline.
- Five (5) years of managing and leading software engineer teams using agile methodologies with a preference in Federal Government projects.
- Solid experience with business process engineering, AWS cloud, Agile development, programming language.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale software deployment and operations.
- Ability to provide innovative approaches that yield simple, practical solutions.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, principles, and technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of systems architecture and integration strategies is a plus.
- Proficient with office, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- Ability to cope under high demand, handle multiple priorities, projects and tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with the team and the customer.
- Willingness to take various responsibilities as required to ensure smooth operations.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to end users, create documents and presentations, with the ability effectively communicate ideas.
- Willingness, desire and sharp aptitude to learn new technologies and be open to work on challenging assignment as they evolve.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and experience with briefing various levels of management.
- Project or Program Management certification (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent/recognized Project or Program Management certification) highly desired.
- Must be able to obtain an USCB security clearance, including but not limited to:
- Completion of Data Stewardship Title 13 Training
- Special Sworn Status (BC-1759)
- Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306)
- Live Scan or two Fingerprint Cards (Name Check when (2) unclassifiable results received)
- Copy of two forms of identification – one (1) must be a Photo I.D.
- Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) or SF-85 (Paper)
- INS Documentation (if Foreign National)
- DAO 207-12 Attachments (if Foreign National); Foreign Nationals have a 3 Year Residency Requirement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and plan software development and integration project to support large nationwide operations.
- Develop and track software development schedules, to ensure accurate estimations and timely completion of projects.
- Perform day-to-day management of overall software engineer team, establish technical objectives, assign tasks and direct work on multiple projects and personnel at multiple locations.
- Manage the product development life cycle and coordinate activities with quality assurance, performance/scalability, documentation and project management.
- Interface with Clients and Operation teams to understand requirements and align them to the software development activities across projects.
- Manage Subcontractors and ensure all the activities are completed on time and within the budget.
- Responsible for day to day monitoring of development activities and removing impediments.
- Provide guidance on technical issues.
- Work with the stakeholders to define priorities.
- Provide technology leadership, inspire the teams and proactively bring ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table as and when required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
While performing duties of the job, the successful candidate will be exposed to normal demands of an office environment, including:
- sitting and working at computer for long continuous periods each day, • effective communications by telephone, email and face-to-face, • standing, walking, sitting, handling and feeling objects or controls, reaching, talking and hearing, • lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and • specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description