This is a DIRECT HIRE!
Additional Contract Services, a division of Entegee, is seeking 2nd and 3rd shift Line Leads who will be responsible for running an entire production line, and ensuring line productivity meets department standards for volume and quality. This is accomplished by assigning daily duties, overseeing line personnel and ensuring issues are addressed in a timely manner. Food/Beverage industry experience preferred!
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
Coordinate Line Productivity
- Ensure line personnel are effectively utilized at all times; to include setup and changeovers.
- Leads and motivates line staff to ensure optimal productivity and work quality; provide necessary training and direction to ensure proper completion of tasks.
- Directs and monitors to ensure proper procedures and controls are met and training issues are communicated to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Communicate shift productivity standards to line staff; to ensure volume standards are met or exceeded.
- Verify that lines are supplied with necessary components to meet daily production schedule.
- Identify line issues and communicate with supervision and maintenance personnel to maximize line efficiencies.
Ensure quality & safety standards
- Responsible for inspecting finished products to ensure they meet production/quality standards; this may include a requirement to taste product as part of daily quality audits.
- Ensure all L&S health and safety guidelines are followed; report issues in a timely and accurate manner to management.
- Oversee line staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed; address and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to management.
- Ensure work areas(s) and equipment is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks
- Assist in the implementation of Lean initiatives like 5S, Continuous Improvement and TPM.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping and timely submission of work plan documents to the Production Scheduler or applicable entering issues into the JDEdwards system.
- Monitor attendance for assigned shift and report line capacity issues to supervision.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his / her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his / her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate solid operating knowledge of machinery and manufacturing equipment.
- Results oriented with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills required. (Windows based software)
- Flexibility to meet rotational shift changes, as required.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to pull, push, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach with arms.
- Must be able to walk frequently.
- Food industry experience
- 1-2 years supervisory/lead experience
- High School degree or GED
- Associate degree a plus
Please email your resume to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp for review. If you meet our client’s requirements, you will be contacted.