- Brattleboro, VT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, 401k (upon date of hire).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential but are not listed below. Also, Commonwealth Dairy, L.L.C. may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
To operate the assigned equipment to manufacturer's and quality assurance specifications, supplying the packaging equipment with product as scheduled and in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Must be able to operate filling/Packaging equipment, adhering to all quality assurance, productivity, OSHA, and safety standards.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/sanitizing and operating per manufacture instructions.
- Filling Operator must monitor and control all filling weight, filling speed, temperatures, pressures, and flow of product throughout the processing cycle in accordance with established quality assurance standards.
- Filling Operator must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to laboratory for appraisal prior to all finished products being packaged.
- Must monitor and control the flow of product from processing to packaging-
- Packaging Operator must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to the laboratory for appraisal prior to finished product being stored in the warehouse.
- Operators must have communication skills and be able to direct a small group of employees in the absence of a Crew leader or Supervisor in order to keep the flow of production moving.
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
- Previous experience in a dairy processing facility preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Required to wear food safety/sanitation clothing.
- This position necessitates conformance to personal hygiene regulations.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/of ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to work with others;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively;
- Must be able to organize work;
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers;
- Must maintain professional attitude;
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
SAFETY: Obey all safety rules.
REMARKS: the above job description is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his or her duties.
- EEO: Commonwealth Dairy is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.