2ND SHIFT FOREMAN
About Us: Welding Works is a metal fabrication business located along the shoreline. We are looking for a versatile person to fill the position of a 2ND Shift Foreman.
- Generous Benefits + 401k Retirement Plan.
- Compensation: $21.00 to $28.00 per hour.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in metal fabrication.
- Strong background in welding, fabrication, blueprint reading and layout.
- Knowledge of running fabrication equipment: Ironworker, Press brakes, power shears, plate rollers, saws.
- Ability to operate the necessary hand and power tools.
- Manage and set expectations for goal hours
- Has the ability to read prints and determine the optimal fabrication method.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Review all current work orders daily with the shop Supervisor, at the beginning of the shift.
- Must be familiar with the status of each job and anticipate upcoming needs that will insure smooth flow of the jobs.
- Training of new employees on shop equipment and safe working conditions.
- Approval of set-ups in equipment when the lead man or other trained personnel are performing the task.
- Responsible for inspection of jobs. This includes formal inspection when required by the customer as well as first piece and in process inspection.
- Prepare jobs for shipment by notifying the front office of weight, packaging, and dimensions, if applicable.
- Lifting 1- 50 lbs. (Occasionally 51-100 lbs.)
- Pushing & pulling 1-50 lbs. (Occasionally 51-100 lbs.)
- Repetitive use of hands and feet required (both right & left)
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years