JOB DESCRIPTION YARD FORKLIFT DRIVER
POSITION: Yard Forklift Driver
COMPANY: Pallet Service Corporation
LOCATION: Little Canada, MN
REPORTING: Plant Manager
RELATIONSHIP: Forklift driver staff members and shipping and receiving
Our History: For nearly 50 years, Pallet Service Corporation (PSC) has been a full service, family owed industrial wood products supplier. We specialize in new, recycle and re-manufactured pallets along with custom crating and lumber. With manufacturing plants located in Maple Grove and Little Canada, Minnesota and Knapp, Wisconsin, we can tailor complete pallet/wood packaging solutions to meet local, regional, national and international needs.
Balanced We define success as a healthy mix of Faith, Family & Work.
Innovative We continuously seek improvement.
Respectful We treat others how we want to be treated.
Committed We earn trust by striving to deliver on promises made.
Humble We care more about what is right than who is right.
The Yard Forklift Driver is responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product. Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products. Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
Job Duties Responsibilities:
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Completed damage reports as required.
- Ensured proper safe loading and unloading procedures were followed.
- Input important data into company system via scan guns to track material.
- Accurate loading/unlading trucks on dock
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, report variances as necessary.
- Used scanners to pick materials out of stock to be shipped.
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places.
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment.
- Transport raw materials to production workstations.
- Accurate complete load paperwork
- Count and record receipt of materials.
- Prepare documentation/labels for proper shipping to customers.
- Weighed materials, and recorded weight and other production data on tags.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Stock all material received in appropriate bins or storage locations.
- Assist inventory control in counting and organizing warehouse materials.
- Fill in paperwork, such as delivery forms, and electronically record the movement of goods.
- Insure all forklift operators are working in a safe manner. Immediately stop and address any unsafe activities.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Maintain forklift in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Seven (7) years or more of vehicle loading, transporting, and unloading experience is preferred but not required
- Able to drive forklift
- Class A CDL preferred, but not required
- Experience supervising processes and safety protocols.
- Ability to become proficient in the driver loading and unloading process; understands company policies, procedures and requirements relating to loading and unload
- Training background a plus or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Deliver Results: Hold self-accountable, acting with urgency and resilience to deliver on commitments, attention to detail, problem-solving and customer service orientation.
Goal Orientated: High level ambition and positive attitude about long term prospects for successfully addressing new and demanding challenges.
Drive Operational Excellence: Collaborate with team and share knowledge and ideas with a real drive to get things done faster, honest and high level of integrity.