Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The employee receives materials, supplies, and equipment, generates receiving transactions in the computer system. The employee will store and disburse materials, supplies and equipment, maintain inventory controls and perform transactions in the computer system. The employee will operate lifting equipment such as forklift and pallet jack. The employee will also prepare materials and equipment for shipment, both international and domestic. Work hours: 9/80 schedule.
- Sorts and verifies incoming parts, material and supplies against packing sheets, bills of lading or other documentation. Notifies Logistics personnel of discrepancies. Interfaces with Logistics personnel for priority assignments in receiving.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, posting computer inputs, running receiving reports and placing documentation with received parts or material. Verifies that proper import documentation arrives with international receipts. Interfaces with international freight forwarders and appropriate Logistics personnel to resolve discrepancies. Prepares shipping documentation, posts weights and shipping charges and maintains shipping record files with emphasis on international export controls (i.e., verifying and logging export licenses and invoices and adhering to export and security regulations).
- Reviews requirements for materials and supplies required for packaging various outgoing parts, assemblies and materials with special emphasis on international policing requirements. Packages and marks containers in accordance with company procedures (and) domestic and international requirements. In conjunction with Logistics personnel, selects and contacts proper mode of transportation and interfaces with freight forwarders and counterparts in Elbit.
- Packages and marks material and containers in accordance with company procedures for domestic and international requirements.
- Follows company site routing guide, contacts proper mode of transportation and interfaces with freight forwarders and counterparts in Elbit.
- Confers with Logistics personnel to comply with contract and planning requirements including system integrity of serialized shipments.
- Interacts with Logistics personnel at ESA and Elbit to resolve any discrepancies in invoices, purchase orders or other shipping/receiving problems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use general hand tools related to receiving. packaging and shipping operations.
- Must be able to operate pallet jack, forklift, vacuum heat sealing machine, banding equipment, typewriter, personal computer and pallet scale.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands shipping/receiving requirements and accountabilities.
- Certified forklift operator.
- Typing/personal computer skills.
- Filing and record-keeping skills.
- Knowledgeable in handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of electrostatic sensitive discharge (ESD) requirement and handling practices.
- HS diploma or GED.