A 2nd Shift Warehouse Supervisor for Capital Electric is responsible for managing the overall logistical operation of the branch; receiving, shipping delivery and product storage/inventory to ensure the daily flow of material in and out of the warehouse is completed with accuracy and efficiency.
• Responsible for delivery and/or shipping schedule
• Advises and instructs warehouse employees in all aspects of work and in the safe operation of the equipment and machinery necessary to this position
• Assign workloads to warehouse workers and maintain personnel structure and staffing levels
• Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances
• Resolve the various problems that occur in the daily operation of the branch
• Keep all employees informed of company news and provide them with constructive feedback
• Ensures adherence to all company safety policies and procedures
• Knows location and arrangement of stock and to plan layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
• Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock
• Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
• Communicate with customers and sales force to address service issues
• Multi-task and continually prioritize tasks to be completed throughout the day
• Other duties as required
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 3 5 years Supervisory experience
• Excellent knowledge of shipping/receiving practices, policies and techniques
• Excellent knowledge of merchandise handling and production methods
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Basic computer system skills required
• Experience with heavy equipment required
• Good and dependable mathematic, verbal, and written communication skills
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on regular basis; up to 70 lbs. occasionally
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electricis also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.