Provide clinical care to patients of the pharmacy. Assist the pharmacy manager in the operation and management of the pharmacy. Provide indirect supervision for support staff and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
Expected year of graduation: May 2021.
Provide appropriate clinical care including patient counseling and prospective drug use evaluation to all patients receiving their medication therapy from the Pharmacy.
- Perform initial patient evaluation as it pertains to the prescribed therapies. Collect, analyze, interpret, and evaluate appropriate data relative to medication therapy.
- Evaluate the significance of signs and symptoms relative to disease processes and makes recommendations for the modification of drug therapy.
- Evaluate the significance and clinical importance of adverse reactions and complications associated with drug therapy.
- Monitor patient records for potential drug interactions as well as patient allergies.
- Provide counseling and answer questions from patients, family and health care professionals concerning drug therapy.
Provide prescription drug therapy to patients/customers ensuring accurate labeling and dispensing of medications in a timely fashion.
- Identify and resolve patient specific medication related problems and issues in the patient’s best interest.
- Ensure dispensing of prescriptions in accordance with all legal requirements, regulatory agencies, third party contracts, and Fairview Pharmacy Services Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for error management activities.
- Responsible for accurate and complete billing to payers.
- Utilize all technologies to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the dispensing process.
Assist site manager in training and supervision of pharmacy support personnel as necessary.
- Provide work direction to technical personnel, prioritize assignments, ensure that tasks are completed in an accurate and timely fashion and follow-up with appropriate feedback.
- Responsible for all pharmacy operations in the pharmacy manager’s absence.
Maintain proficiency in the skills and theory of the practice of pharmacy by reviewing literature, attending in-services, seminars and conferences.
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
Certified intern license through the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.
Graduation year 2021.