Assist with compounding and distribution of pharmaceuticals, IV solutions and documentation as ordered by qualified prescribers.
Provide assistance in the narcotic control area as directed
Provide appropriate clinical care including patient counseling and prospective drug use evaluation to all patients receiving their medication therapy from the Pharmacy.
- Perform initial patient evaluation as it pertains to the prescribed therapies. Collect, analyze, interpret, and evaluate appropriate data relative to medication therapy.
- Evaluate the significance of signs and symptoms relative to disease processes and makes recommendations for the modification of drug therapy.
- Evaluate the significance and clinical importance of adverse reactions and complications associated with drug therapy.
- Monitor patient records for potential drug interactions as well as patient allergies.
- Provide counseling and answer questions from patients, family and health care professionals concerning drug therapy.
Provide prescription drug therapy to patients/customers ensuring accurate labeling and dispensing of medications in a timely fashion.
- Identify and resolve patient specific medication related problems and issues in the patient’s best interest.
- Ensure dispensing of prescriptions in accordance with all legal requirements, regulatory agencies, third party contracts, and Fairview Pharmacy Services Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for error management and medication safety activities.
- Responsible for accurate and complete billing to payers.
- Utilize all technologies to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the dispensing process.
- Identify additional opportunities to improve patient care and the performance of the pharmacy department.
Participate in team meetings/discussions with clinical pharmacy specialists, pharmacy residents, pharmacy students and technicians.
- Foster an environment of teamwork with other department staff and customers..
- Provide training and education to other staff members.
- Provide customer service focused team approach to internal and external customers.
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
Minimum Education: Enrolled as a 2nd Year Student at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus beginning Fall of 2018.
Minimum Licensure Requirements: Applicant should have current or pending Pharmacy Technician registration with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy.
Preferred Experience: Previous pharmacy or medical experience
Applicant should have excellent customer service skills, be proficient in the English language, have good attention to detail, ability to problem solve effectively, ability to follow policies and procedures, basic math skills, basic typing skills and excellent communication skills.