Historical Resource Advisory Service
Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Secret clearance or ability to obtain
The contractor shall provide specialized historian support to the Directorate and shall possess well-designed, Directorate-specific technical experience. The contractor shall work in conjunction with the Integration & Operations Division (RYO) staff to create products in response to Directorate queries and taskings.
- Tasks include technical development evolution, transition history, and operational deployment and success.
- Provide support to the AFRL History Office (HO), including authoring supporting text, locating subject matter experts, and performing targeted historical research in specific technical areas.
- The contractor shall support the Public Affairs Directorate through informative products related to Directorate heritage.
- Maintain bibliographies and citations files supporting all research tasks.
- Serve as the Collections Manager for the Directorate and shall create and maintain comprehensive historical records for the Directorate.
- These records shall contain technical accomplishments, physical artifacts, technical and organizational leadership biographies, significant directorate and individual awards, oral and written histories, organizational legacy, physical exhibits, and documentation of the Directorate’s heritage.
- Maintain physical inventories of all significant Directorate historical artifacts.
- The files and inventories shall be maintained in compliance with established Directorate record keeping policies, Air Force Museum procedures, and established Unit Compliance Inspection policies/guidelines.
- Identify, as needed, artifacts of significant historical value to the Directorate’s National Museum United States Air Force (NMUSAF) Historical Holdings Account Custodian for accessioning to the account. The contractor shall research historical provenance, develop technical history documentation, and preserve and secure the item in accordance with AFI 84-103, United States Air Force Heritage Program.
- Research, build and update Directorate heritage displays which reflect significant technical and programmatic achievements.
- Prepare written accomplishments with pictures or artifacts which aid in conveying the significance of the accomplishment(s); acquire public release using the established Directorate process; work with a graphics representative to develop the final product and ensure it is prominently displayed.
- Conduct select oral history interviews using existing Directorate oral history procedures.
- Two types of interviews shall be conducted: (1) interviews of past and present employees who have had a rich history with the Directorate and, (2) a series of interviews with experts tailored to complete research needs in a specific technical area. For these interviews, the contractor shall create the research objective and questions designed to elicit discussion. The contractor shall correlate the interviews with historical records, resolve discrepancies, and incorporate into the technology history. All interviews shall be documented on audio and/or video tape, transcribed into text documents, saved in the appropriate Directorate history SharePoint file and forwarded to AFRL/HO for permanent record.
- Create and maintain a RYWEB SharePoint site that serves as a common repository for Directorate history and heritage information.
- Specifically update, at least annually, the following three electronic publications posted: “Sensors Directorate Awards History” (Vol 1); “Sensors Directorate Notable Awards” (Vol 2), and “Sensors Directorate Leadership Legacy” (1960-2011). When required, the contractor shall process additions to these publications through the technical editing (STINFO) process, and the Directorate’s established Public Release approval process. The contractor shall resolve any copyright issues.
- Typically performs all functional duties independently.
- MA/MS degree and 1-8 years of experience
- BA/BS degree and 3-10 years of experience
- AA degree and 6-13 years of experience
- No degree and 9-16 years of experience