Please note that this is a permanent position.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements and implement regulatory compliance programs.
• Act as Management Representative for the latest version of OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards. Including the upcoming ISO45001 Standard.
• Maintain all Environmental Health and Safety permits.
• Maintain site certification to the latest version of OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards.
• Work with engineering teams and customers to ensure product compliance to EU RoHS, REACH and WEEE Directives
• Carry out incident investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
• Recommend corrective action where EHS hazards exist.
• Interact with all departments to assist with EHS issues.
• Perform workplace ergonomics evaluations, safety inspections and on going job hazard analysis.
• Manage and maintain hazardous materials inventory, profile and manifest waste and recycle programs.
• Manage the administration of the sites worker’s compensation program.
• Perform safety engineering reviews on existing equipment and new equipment/processes.
• Train managers and employees to ensure that they practice good safety culture and habits through Active Safety: general safety, workplace accident prevention, and personal injury prevention.
• Implement structured EHS training programs meeting Federal, State and Local requirements for the nature of the business
• Accurately maintain all EHS records.
• Manage the Safety Committee as well as the Emergency Response Team (ERT), where applicable.
• Implement Corporate EHS initiatives for the site
• All other EHS duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or similar/ related field with at least 5 years experience.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Access.
• Working knowledge of OSHAS 18001, ISO 14001 and Prop 65 preferred.
• Familiar with ISO45001 is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to manage and meet regulatory agency requirements and deadlines.
• Familiarity with environmental legislation including RCRA, DOT 49 CFR, CWA, NPDES permitting, etc.
• ERT experience preferred.
• Certification in Hazmat handling, DOT 49CFR, Hazwoper and Universal waste preferred.
• Able to move/lift up to 25 lbs. unaided
• Working knowledge of EU RoHS, REACH and China RoHS is preferred.
For consideration, please reference job number 317