Please note that this is a 5 months+ contract position.
Associate role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end-users can accomplish business and clinical tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual assign the ticket to 2nd or 3rd tier support for the purpose more advanced or hands-on help.
The agent fields calls regarding all Intermountain Healthcare systems including desktops, networks, telephones, operating systems and Intermountain proprietary systems. This position works closely with staff and senior members to ensure proper performance.
Basic familiarity and minimal experience as a service desk agent. Works on small, defined elements of large projects. Incumbent's ability encompasses a subset of the total knowledge required within the service desk area, and incumbent is in process of developing remaining skills. Requires additional support and/or training to become fully proficient. Work is normally overseen by higher level technical contributors.
1. Fields incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
2. Documents all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
3. Builds rapport and elicits problem details from service desk customers.
4. Resolves requests and incidents at the lower levels. Escalates problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician as necessary.
5. Records, tracks, and documents the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions are taken, through to final resolution.
6. Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
7. Accesses software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
8. Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
9. Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved under supervision.
Knowledge of basic computer hardware (pc, mouse, monitor, keyboard).
Strong documentation skills.
One year experience in a documented customer service role.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Keen attention to detail.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Strong customer service orientation.
Experience in a healthcare environment.
Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, sitting, speaking.
For consideration, please reference job number 3260