Please note that this is a part time 3 month contract to hire position.
The employee is expected to work 24 hours per week (8:30 to 5:00) three days a week: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Works collaboratively to assist retired priests or priests in need
- Works with the Benefits Department to assist in retired priests’ understanding of benefits
- Will assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the options and services required to meet an individual priest’s health and human service needs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(other duties may be assigned)
Assist priests through the transition into retirement
- Assist priests with completing Advance Directives, Power of Attorney, Release of Medical Information Form, emergency contacts/next of kin, and Funeral Arrangements
- Monitor and assist in managing chronic health conditions and terminal care
- Visit priests during hospital stays & coordinate with hospital discharge planner for post-hospital care
- Provide regular emotional and practical support to all ill priests and family as appropriate and needed
- Monitor health and safety of retired priests living independently
- Assess, assist and/or make referral for in-home help as needed
- Collaborate with appropriate parties to provide continuity of care when priest’s medical status changes
- Assess need for higher level or care. Assist and coordinate transfer to facility when prior residence no longer appropriate
- Go to doctor’s appointments as needed to advocate for a priest.
- Provide health education and community resources as needed
- Arrange employee flu shot clinic
- Perform other duties as assigned
OTHER OR SHARED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend priest retirement board meetings
- Give regular reports
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Master’s Degree in a related field, such as medical Social Work or Health Care.
Effective oral and written communications skills are required. Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The ability to train individuals and provided group presentations. Bilingual skills in Spanish, Vietnamese or any language a plus.
Advanced medical and healthy lifestyle assessment knowledge required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations in the care of current and retired priests.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current Nursing License
The employee must be physically present in the office. Able to work cooperatively with other members of the staff and with parish staff and be able to multi-task. The employee is expected to work 24 hours per week (8:30 to 5:00) three days a week: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Please reference job number 3328.