Please note that this is a 3 month+ contract to hire position.
Recruit and retain client-advertisers in order to support the broadest possible circulation of the messages. Manage, develop, maintain all appropriate systems for business operations; including client relationship management system, general business and database operations, setting advertising rates, selling advertising, and managing circulation. Responsible for U.S. Post Office and Mailing House mail requirements; review ParishSoft and Navision data for accuracy with Development and Finance Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Business Management: Sales and Marketing
- Manage and direct all aspects of advertising–client relations; direct sales of advertising space; creating advertising promotions and direct marketing of campaigns for display advertisements
- Manage vendor relationship including printer, US Postmaster, National Mailing Service, Catholic News Service, USCCB in order to ensure timely publication
- Prospect, sell, and negotiate client advertising contracts.
- Seek, solicit and close new client-advertisers for The Valley Catholic to meet aggressive revenue goals in support of circulation targets.
- Analyze weekly and monthly sales of client-advertising activity to insure consistent cash flow.
- Implement a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to effectively manage client-advertiser information and target specific editions for increased sales.
- Assists in production of all newspaper editions including editorial review, ad placement and content.
- Manage client-advertiser service and support issues.
- Promote advertising opportunities to parishes, schools and existing client-advertisers.
- Evaluate bi-weekly sales reports to client-advertisers.
- Develop, research and maintain contractual agreements and regulations for US Postmaster.
- Review Accounts Receivable, Payables and invoice source documents to insure proper cash flow in and out of the department.
- Sales and Use Tax preparation and electronic filing.
Special Projects under the direction of the Director of Communications
- Work closely with newspapers on joint advertising, marketing and promotion campaigns to increase client-advertisers.
- Develop strategic, broad-based means (radio, television, newspaper, etc.) to ensure that the “good news” is generated to appropriate audiences effectively.
- Research future methods to retrieve current news including online news sources, Catholic News Service, USCCB.
- Work on developing the communications plan for Catholic Communications Campaign.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
5+ years marketing/advertising experience, either in an agency or on client-side of relationship. Bachelor’s degree required within the field of marketing or advertising or equivalent experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, verbalize, comprehend and respond to questions, advertising design instruction, editor’s requirements, clients, chancery, Catholic parishes and institutions and the general public. English required, second language is a plus.
Computational Skills: Budget forecasting, principles of accounting, budgets and business service interface, understanding and usage of US Postmaster computations. Knowledge of statistical analysis.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Customer Relationship Management System; Microsoft Dynamics Navision Software; ParishSoft AIM Family database; and Postal Service online business services.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Please reference job number 3351.