About 8x8, Inc.
8x8 (Nasdaq: EGHT) was selected by Forbes as the 10th best performing stock, 8x8 ranked No. 10 on the Forbes list of 20 Fast Growing Tech Stars. Additionally Forbes selected 8x8 the 23rd best small company based on Growth and Financial Performance, 8x8 Ranks 23rd on Top 100 List and 10th on List of Fast Growing Tech Stars.
8x8 is the one connection businesses need to experience the unique capabilities of advanced VoIP communications. We offer voice, video, mobile and unified communications solutions for small-to medium businesses and distributed enterprises. Our business services integrate advanced phone services, contact center solutions, web conferencing, powerful online productivity tools and flexible service plans. 8x8 services are affordable as well as easy to setup and use.
8x8 is a publicly traded company in north San Jose. Reporting to the CMO, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Head of Communications will be responsible for the development and execution of the company communication strategy to promote, enhance, and protect 8x8s brand reputation.
The Head of Communications will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of communications activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the company and its leadership.
Communications Strategy, Vision and Execution Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance the companys brand identity and broaden awareness of its solutions
- Direct all global public relations, analysts relationships, thought leadership, social media and employee communications programs
- Contribute to the development of the corporate message
- Become the trusted communications leader to companys most senior executives including CEO, CTO, Head of Products
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Responsible for industry, business media relationship and strategy
- Develop a thought leadership and influence strategy by working directly with and managing Industry Analyst relationships
- Responsible for developing a regular cadence of internal communications to both inform employees and to create internal alignment and excitement about the company direction and progress
- Develop and manage a sustained cadence of high impact social media communications including company blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Creates and manage profiles of key business leaders and directly support C-level keynotes
- Manage team of internal staff and agencies
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions
- Manage crisis/conflict situations and serve as a spokesperson for the company
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with key reporters
- Crafts speeches, talking points, press releases, and other communications materials.
- Collaborates with Director of Investor Relations on quarterly announcements, financial analyst communications, etc.
- Bachelors degree required; business, communications or journalism discipline preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant communications experience
- Knowledge of a wide range of communications experience in disciplines that may include internal communications, corporate communications, public relations, analyst relations and crisis communication management
- Ability to develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks, frequent interruptions and details with accuracy.
- Ability to influence across the organization and work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated success in crafting a substantive and cohesive set of messages for an organization, which has been successfully communicated to key audiences and resulted in a measurable difference.
- Strong people and management skills.
- Intellect, temperament and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- A savvy, smart, efficient fast-working, results-oriented creative leader.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
To apply, please click the link provided. If the link does not work, send your resume to jobs AT 8x8.com and specify the job title in your email.
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.