Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
*The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Data Engineer you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Designing, coding, debugging, and testing, ETL modules and related data structures in support of the 3M HIS Healthcare Data Pipeline
- Building high-quality, innovative, and fully performing features that comply with 3M's coding standards and technical design
- Contributing to an Agile team, to build data pipeline enhancements, automated tests, and automated deployments that meet the requirements defined by the Product Owner
*Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and three (3) years software development experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year development experience with object oriented programming, such as Java, C#, C++ or Python (Course work and internships considered)
- One (1) year data warehousing experience with technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB or Oracle (Course work and internships considered)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Healthcare Data and X12 standards
- AWS Glue
- Spark/Distributed processing
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: Not authorized
Location: Albany, NY
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.