What you’ll do
The 3rd Shift Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising all issues related to product manufacturing, working closely with management, process engineering, quality, maintenance and machine shop to meet customer expectations at GKN Aerospace North Charlestown, NH facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support manufacturing functions and analysis of resources to maintain work schedules in tight tolerance industry
- Assist management with development of systems and controls to assure optimum utilization of equipment and personnel
- Provide training and technical / informational guidance to team members such as machine set-ups; check set-ups, first piece after set-ups and adjustments to set-ups
- Identifies work priorities, plans daily work and overtime needs; Schedules employees to meet planning needs
- Monitor staff attendance and punches daily to ensure accuracy and that policies are being followed
- Track and schedule ETO for staff appropriately
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, correct use of inspection equipment, tooling, preventive maintenance, and safety procedures
- Direct and coordinate effective and timely problem solving to promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Make recommendations concerning hiring, termination, development and discipline, assisting with employee performance resolution, ensuring policies are consistently applied
- Oversee the on-boarding of new production staff to ensure proper training, to integrate new hires and to monitor performance
- Direct and co-ordinate production training programs with HR to ensure proper documentation, scheduling and follow-up occurs
- Keep management informed on all matters related to production
- Liaison to other departments to ensure production-related matters are addressed in a timely and professional manner
- Interface with Production Control regarding material issues, scheduling, and determining function capacities, to ensure on-time deliveries
- Responsible for Facility in absence of the Manager to close/open the facility including the alarm system as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing machine shop environment with proven technical competency in machining operations to provide technical support for manual and CNC multi-axis equipment and milling operations required.
- 3+ years of experience supervising others, with proven ability to demonstrate sound leadership skills required.
- Aerospace industry required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Engine component experience (particularly blades and vanes) preferred.
- Experience with SAP or other MRP system preferred.
- Proficient in knowledge of manufacturing and quality principles.
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate well in English (both written and orally), with the ability to motivate, develop, and train personnel.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships, building cooperation among group to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain a work ethic that serves as a role model for values throughout the organization.
- Ability to confront problems and resolve conflicts or facilitate resolution.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.