Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Wabash, IN, US
Location details: Customer Site Wabash, IN
Employment type: Undefined term
Country: United States (US)
Location: Wabash, Indiana (US-IN)
Location details:Customer Site Wabash, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: SITE TECHNICIAN - 3rd SHIFT
REPORTS TO: SITE SUPERVISOR
- Assist in all Konecranes activities performed at a specific customer site
- Complete the site established schedule of customer required Inspections & Preventative Maintenance ensuring the schedule is completed or alternative arrangements are made.
- Ensure performance of Inspections & Preventative Maintenance within the allowed hours without compromising safety or quality. Communicate exceptions to the Site Supervisor.
- Ensure that Inspections are performed in accordance with established guidelines. Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer for inspected equipment including a "Safety Deficiency" list of any observed or known safety concerns.
- Assist the Site Supervisor to determine the customer's intention to purchase repairs and communicate any actions needed to sell or complete repairs.
- Consult with customer representatives regarding repair and safety related issues. Assist Site Supervisor in determining labor estimates, special tools, requirements or hazards.
- Provide proper checklists and required forms for all inspection or service related documentation. This includes Service Reports, Time Sheets and Inspection Reports; obtain customer signatures on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
- Provide daily supervision & support for site based Inspector/ Technicians with guidance from the Site Supervisor or higher-level management. Perform spot checks to ensure highest level of quality & workmanship.
- Provide Quick Quotations for immediate service or repair needs as requested by customer; obtain customer signatures on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
- Complete & provide a proper checklist and required forms for each Quick Quotation to the Site Supervisor for tracking and follow up.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry.
- Refresh and update knowledge periodically. Assist other site based personnel with questions related to Inspection practices, software and documentation.
- Ensure the completion of Inspection Reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Review jobs with Site Supervisor; discuss repair issues and customer feedback received during inspections.
- Maintain regular communication with the Site Supervisor and Service Manager in accordance with established practices.
- Coordinate work schedule with Site Supervisor. Perform service, repair & inspection work as required and scheduling permits.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order.
- Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify Site Supervisor of any deficiencies and assist in resolution of issues.
- Maintain a supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education: Associate's degree in Industrial Electricity, Electronic Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience are preferred.
Preferred Education: Minimum one (1) year experience involving advanced electrical Field Service or Crane Service required. 6 months' experience as a service technician preferred.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for "on call" as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion. Must be willing to work a 3rd shift schedule with hours from 11pm-7:30am Sunday-Thursday. Limited OT
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 17,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement