Purpose of Position: The 3rd Shift Supervisor ensures the professional running of all departments on 3rd shift and provides support for the Cell Leads and Operators. The position consists of technical responsibilities as related to machining, assembly, other related production operations, and safety requirements
- Attend Daily Management (DM) and ensure the Cell leaders have their board updated before the start of DM.
- Work towards the current on time delivery goal (OTD) of 98% and ensure that product is ready for Shipping in a timely manner.
- Conducts weekly Cell Leader Meetings and posts meeting minutes to SharePoint.
- Communicates Associate feedback and engagement to the Area Manager for continuous improvement.
- Allocate resources/associates as needed to meet the daily product demand.
- Schedules product delivery/build per cell as needed to meet the daily product demand.
- Champion for Associates safety needs and continuous improvement as identified by Cell leaders.
- Acts as safety leader on 3rd shift and is First Aid trained.
- Instructs, develops and, when required, trains new and existing operators on production operations and periodically checks operating procedures to assure safety and quality and productivity of work.
- Maintains tools, machines, and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Aids operators in the set-up of new or changeover of product assembly
- Reports all unusual conditions to Production Manager.
- Performs spot checks on finished goods to verify quality.
- Maintains daily TAKT sheets for all assembly cells.
- Ensures accuracy of consistent documentation by Operators, i.e., inventory adjustment, TAKT sheets.
- Daily complete cell Scrap sheet verification.
- Completes records and reports as directed.
- Reconcile Negative report through investigation and report findings.
- Coordinates and maintains necessary parts, tools, and supplies in an organized manner to assure a smooth flow of production and provide suggestions as needed.
- Completes assignments on time and to the required specifications.
- Complete product verification for Return to Stock product.
- Performs minor maintenance activities as necessary on 3rd shift.
- Works in close cooperation with Maintenance Department when machine repairs are required.
- Advises on better means to complete the functions within the job and continually improves the operation.
- Actively participate on company sponsored continuous improvement workshops.
- Acts as material handler for night shift production, ensuring lines are stocked as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Assembly Area Manager within the broad scope of the job and/or in the department.
- Reports to: Production Manager
- Manages: entire 3rd shift team (15-20 employees)
Measures of Performance
- Self-sufficiency of newly trained operators within 21 days.
- Extent to which assignments meet cost and schedule goals.
- Zero recordable incidents with department operators on shift.
- Continuous improvement in production time
- Daily entry of TAKT and Scrap reports
- 98% OTD
- Overall orderly appearance of shop at the end of each shift.
- Compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement initiatives in assigned area.
- Active participation in driving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity Improvements in assigned area.
- Pallet jack, barrel dolly, scale, flow bench, stamp machines and pneumatic hand tools.
- Laptop, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint QAD and current ERP system.
Qualifications: Background and Skills
- Minimum of two years post-secondary school or equivalent preferred.
- Must have 2 or more years of Production experience
- Identify work and record required information pertinent to production, quality, and time records.
- Can read work instructions and communicate effectively with team.
Personal Trait Profile
- Willingness to flex schedule as required to support production needs.
- Strong leader with exceptional attendance and adaptive to change.
- ability to work under dynamic work conditions and shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented and an analytical thinker.