To build an engaged workforce that is well trained in the machinery used, products serviced and quality standards. Achieve company performance goals, maintain programs to keep cost in line, maintain quality of linen, control production costs, ensure safety of the employees and achieve employee turnover goals.
- Provide training and follow-up on department personnel to see that they are performing their jobs in accordance with their job descriptions. Provide daily/weekly coaching to improve employee effectiveness.
- Work with Production/Plant manager with hiring, training, and employee improvement needs.
- Establish and approve personal vacation and leave schedules for production employees.
- Insure that employees are properly introduced to the Company Objectives, Company Policies, Right-to-Know and Blood Borne Pathogens Standards. Be sure each NEW employee receives the proper training.
- Recommend and support employee’s incentive programs that enhance production and reduce productive labor percentage.
- Review production and goal performance record with the employees routinely throughout the week.
- Review and approve weekly timesheets accurately and timely.
- See that production standards are followed wherever practical, for each job in the plant. Measure performance against these standards on a daily basis.
- Confer with the Production/Plant manager concerning production schedules, quality and customer concerns. Take corrective action as a result of customer surveys as necessary.
- Notify and work with Maintenance Manager on needed repairs on all equipment in production and soil sort while maintaining written request and follow up for equipment repairs.
- Insure that all customers receive a prompt and satisfactory response.
- Management Skills- Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively train others.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution- Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Training- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Must be a High School Graduate, associate degree preferred.
- Must be adept in using computer programs to attain reports, create spreadsheets.
- Must have one year of supervisory experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Possess computer skills in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Familiarity with ADP timekeeping software, a plus.
Production Shift Supervisor