Are you looking for a challenge with a vibrant company in a stable industry? Are you excellent at communicating verbally over the phone, on video and via email?
Nova 401(k) Associates is a rapidly growing national third party administration firm providing administrative services to companies sponsoring 401(k), pension and other qualified retirement plans. We have a nationally recognized sales team allowing us to grow in excess of 20% per year providing advancement opportunities for our professionals.
We are looking to fill multiple entry level positions in our Dallas office. This position will be eligible to work three days per week in the office and two days per week at home. The start date for this position is Monday, November 30th, 2020. This is a developmental role where paid training will be provided, and industry experience is not required to apply. Candidates will also be required to successfully complete industry specific certifications through ASPPA, The American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries. Study materials and paid study time will be provided. For additional information, please visit ASPPA’s website at www.asppa.org.
After completing approximately two years in this developmental role, employees are eligible for promotion within Nova.
- Complete applicable industry training
- Pursue RPF and QKA certifications
- Prepare IRS required compliance tests for review by other Nova account managers
- Develop a working knowledge of ADP/ACP, Coverage, Top Heavy and Annual Additions testing
- Prepare Form 5500 and required schedules
- Prepare employer allocation schedules
- Prepare balance sheets and income statements
- Answer questions over the phone or via email
- Perform rotations in other departments to assist with workflow and develop additional skills
- Perform other job tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at working with numbers (basic accounting concepts and financial schedules are common to our industry)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Coachable and committed to professional development
- Flexibility, adaptability and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Prior work experience in an office setting, preferred
- Prior customer service experience, preferred
We get it. We listen. We communicate.