The Automotive Technician will quickly and efficiently conduct a wide variety of inspections and repair all automotive systems as needed. Serves as the resident expert in the companies' core services, such as, fluid exchanges and maintenance services, front end repairs and braking systems; and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. May be required to provide advice to and sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are recommended or required for their vehicle.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, steering and suspension, alignment and maintenance services.
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a customer�s vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is completed.
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with Brake Check standards.
- Maintain strict adherence to store policies on vehicle care and operation.
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste) mop bays and perform other sanitation tasks as assigned.
- Operate heavy equipment such as brake lathe, vehicle lift, spring compressor, alignment machine and tire balance.
- Maintain a clean and presentable workplace; conducts basic maintenance and cleaning of service bays, equipment, storage areas, restrooms, break room, lobby, counter areas and outside grounds.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum age requirement of 17 years
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Possess a valid driver license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the insurance carrier.
Desired Education and Experience
- Hands on automotive repair experience
- Working knowledge of shop equipment and repair tools helpful.
- Basic PC software knowledge including Windows and basic keyboarding skill.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional people skills with a friendly persona that fosters trust and comfort with customers and team members.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high level of motivation and energy.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast -pace setting; Go Getter; Must be accountable and driven to meet goals and objectives.
- Must be reliable and dependable; able to work a flexible retail schedule to ensure proper coverage of the Store, including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Must be able to listen and execute directions with efficiency and accuracy.
- Exhibits an awareness and concern for safety.
- Team oriented and collaborates with others.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Will continuously stand on concrete or metal surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Frequently required to reach overhead and below the knees, squat, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate required hand tools, mechanical tools.
- Able to climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Occasionally climb in and out of various vehicles.
- Must be able to function well in a physically demanding environment that frequently exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Daily exposure to chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Normal or corrected sight ability required.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- An acceptable criminal history background check
- Pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Must provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and locking toolbox or participate in Company Tool Store program.
Brake Check is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.