- Position Description
These two (2) positions, with rotating days and shifts, are in the Information Technology Department.
Salary Grade: 48
Provides first level technical and base operational production support, consultation, troubleshooting/resolution, training and user guidance to clients of the Information Technology (IT) Department or within an Elected Official's IT team.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's need and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Client Environment Support
Captures and records actions taken in Service Desk system following Service Desk procedures;
Analyzes and resolves client operational issues related to client applications, computing or communications environment and related software/hardware;
Provides training, technical support, and consultation to users and other IT staff as required;
Provides technical and user training information to staff, users, consultants, and vendors regarding installed software and hardware;
Assists technical application, computing and communications personnel, as appropriate in identifying and resolving problems through the use of installed diagnostic and monitoring tools;
Monitors IT infrastructure and application components for proper operation within established performance, function and availability expectations to achieve service level agreements;
Maintains appropriate security and confidentiality of information created or encountered in the performance of assigned duties.
Operational Environment Support
Executes daily, weekly, monthly and other periodic scheduled jobs;
Schedules and generates production runs and special reports;
Analyzes and resolves operational problems and consults or informs appropriate staff when assistance is required;
Assists in trouble shooting application and computing and/or communications issues;
Performs and completes routine maintenance, production records, activity logs and other routine documentation;
Operates various data center and/or other peripheral equipment;
Maintains and/or performs backups and/or restores following associated off-site storage management procedures;
Maintains inventories of supplies and equipment, and may move supplies and equipment where required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- desktop or other operating systems and affiliated software components, services, protocols and technologies, to include office automation applications (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and other vendor commercial applications interfaced into client computing and communications environment;
- wireless communications equipment such as fixed, portable and mobile radio devices, dispatch console equipment, as well as related radio system and remote site control equipment;
- wireless, voice and data services devices and data synchronization applications;
- techniques and principles of effective teamwork and continuous improvement methods;
- IT Infrastructure Library for the Incident Management environment.
- organizing personal workload, being proactive and progressing multiple tasks andcustomer requests simultaneously;
- communicating both orally and in writing;
- operatingwithin a fast paced technical environment;
- writingprocedures and work instructions;
- adhering to production processes and service level agreements;
- learning new or disparate technology processes within the environment;
- operating as a member of a team;
- coordinating and communicating with internal and external customers/vendors.
- Minimum Qualifications
(1) A High School diploma or G.E.D. and four years of work experience in an information technology related field including at least two years of work experience providing support on client computing and/or communications hardware and/or software infrastructure.
(2) An Associate's degree from an accredited college, university or technical trade school with a major in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems (MIS) or a closely related field and two years of work experience in an information technology related field, including one year of work experience providing support on client computing and/or communications hardware and/or software infrastructure.
(Additional relevant work experience and/or education from an accredited college, university or technical trade school may be substituted for the general experience.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Comp TIA A+ Certification.
- One (1) year experience as a help desk support, service desk support or computer technician.
- Two (2) years experience in troubleshooting client operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, and/or Windows 10.
- Two (2) years experience providing technical assistance and/or support for issues related to computer systems, software or hardware
- One (1) year experience monitoring daily performance of computer systems and infrastructure.
- Two (2) years in providing support for Microsoft Office: 2010, 2013 or 2016.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Fleet Services' review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice Items: Some positions may require the mandatory use of a headset while on duty. Some positions will be required to work rotating shifts which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Some positions may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation, polygraph examination and/or pre-/post-appointment drug-testing by law enforcement agencies due to need for access to law enforcement, corrections or court facilities, property and associated confidential and sensitive information, documents, communications and database systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Some positions require lifting equipment, climbing, working on towers, elevated or below grade platforms. All positions require the ability to identify industry standard color-coding of electrical wiring and components. Additional physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
Overall Job Objective