The 5-Axis Operator is responsible for performing a variety of activities to set up and operate CNC horizontal/vertical milling centers to machine a variety of parts to drawings and specifications. Makes general decisions regarding quality, tolerances, and sequence of operations. Inspects work in process for conformance to functional and aesthetics specifications. The 5-Axis Operator will be working on our new show piece machine.
**We are offering a $2,500 signing bonus
Check out our video to see what it's like to work at Jergens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkHTp6OH54&feature=youtu.be
- Has a basic understanding of our company’s products, operations and procedures. Seeks assistance, as necessary with unfamiliar situations.
- Performs a variety of activities with the 5-axis machine - uses assistance as required from the supervisor to set up and operate CNC machines to mill, drill, ream, tap, etc. a variety of parts to drawings and specifications. Monitors work to make sure that the equipment is operating properly. Demonstrates the ability to learn to troubleshoot and successfully perform assignments and operate equipment of increasing complexity
- Downloads programs from network server to machine and edits as required and or noted on program. Pre-sets tooling, loads tooling into tool changer, adjusts offsets, installs fixtures and sets reference points for programs. Dry runs programs on control; runs live piece.
- Able to correctly touch off tools, indicate fixtures in location and make other minor adjustments required for proper operation of machine tool.
- Inspect first piece and obtain approval from designated person. Check parts during run according to procedures, specifications and customer requirements using a variety of gauges from calipers, micrometers, thread gages, depth micrometers, surface plate with height gage, and other equipment.
- Makes general decisions regarding quality, tolerances, and sequence of operations.
- Set ups and completes secondary operations and/or machines or processes as required or instructed. Perform daily maintenance checks on all equipment operated.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment and materials. Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Communicates effectively with internal company partners in performing assigned tasks. Seeks assistance, as necessary, to resolve more complex issues in an effective manner.
- Keeps the supervisor aware in a timely manner of any issues needing the supervisor’s involvement.
- Maintains timely and accurate records and reports, as required.
- Observe good housekeeping and safety habits
- Other Duties as assigned or requested
Required Skills and Experience
- High school education is required. Has the necessary training to be proficient in the position.
- Must have experience with setting up 5-axis vertical or horizontal mills.
- Through related experience has demonstrated the skills and ability to be an effective operator with the company
- Has excellent communications and interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively with others to meet customer needs
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as decimal/fraction conversions and reading measuring tools.
- Must be able to properly use a variety of gauges from calipers, micrometers, thread gages, depth micrometers, surface plate with height gage, and other equipment.
- Has basic computer skills and is proficient with all related company systems and programs
- Has basic analytical and problem solving abilities to meet the requirements of the position
- Effective time management skills in prioritizing and addressing multiple and at times conflicting demands
- High energy with a sense of urgency in responding to customer needs
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Is committed to the company’s values
- Attention to detail in maintaining required records and reports.