Aveshka is supporting the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). ASPR is a public health preparedness and emergency response organization in the Office of the Secretary at the United States Department of Health and Human Services. ASPR was created under the 2006 Pandemic and All Hazards Preparedness Act (and reauthorized in the Pandemic and All Hazards Reauthorization Act of 2013) in the wake of Hurricane Katrina to lead the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters. The ASPR serves as the principal adviser to the HHS Secretary responsible for providing integrated policy coordination and strategic direction with respect to all matters related to public health, medical preparedness, and deployment of the federal response for public health emergencies and incidents. The ASPR heads a Staff Division in the Office of the Secretary, serving as the Secretary's principal advisor on issues related to bioterrorism, and leads a collaborative approach to the department's preparedness, response, and recovery portfolio. In addition to this policy responsibility, the office of the ASPR also has operational responsibilities both for the advanced research and development of MCMs, and for coordination of the federal public health and medical response to incidents. The office of the ASPR serves as the lead official responsible for all federal public health and medical response to public health emergencies and incidents covered by the National Response Framework and National Disaster Recovery Framework.
The experts recruited and employed through this professional staffing support services contract will be responsible for advancing the ASPR mission of public health preparedness and emergency response. More specifically, the professional staffing support services required by ASPR span program and functional mission areas including: Advanced Research and Development for Chemical/Biological/Radiological/Nuclear threats, Emerging Infectious Diseases, & Pandemic Influenza (and the associated Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies and Modeling); Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Management/Response, Recovery, Logistics Management; Acquisitions/Contracts & Grants Management and Administration; Public Health Policy and Planning; Federal Budget/Financial Management Planning and Analysis; Operations and Administrative Management including: Travel Coordination and Management, Facilities Support & Management, Human Resources, Talent Management & Strategic Federal Staffing, Employee Development and Training Programs Development and Execution, Public Health Preparedness and Emergency Response Communications, Strategic Stakeholder Engagement (Congress/States & Local Government/Industry/Inter/Intra-Agency), and general Program and Project Support and Management.
- Provide 508 consultation expertise on various work products, organizational policies, etc.
- Provide 508 compliance support for PHE.gov/ASPR sites & related organizational efforts
- Develop and maintain technical inquiry management tools and processes as required
- Develop and maintain Change Request (CR) and Business Needs Requirements (BNS) processes
- Develop and maintain mockups, system requirements and other integrated system architecture documents as required
- Develop and maintain technical process and training efforts
- Develop and maintain web status, meeting minutes, and technical team coordination documentation
- Develop user acceptance testing (UAT) plans and remediation schedules
- Perform end user interviews and collaborative sessions to translate user requirements into system requirements as they related to the existing or planned web enterprise
- Provide content administration expertise to assist end users with configuration and manipulation of Sharepoint sites based on the use of web zones, custom templates, web parts, and integrated third party applications
- Provide content administration expertise to assist end users with web development activities requiring knowledge of HTML and/or web table, or graphic development support
- Assist with help desk support consisting of but not limited to:
- Supporting 7,500 existing and new full time onsite and remote telework ready ASPR and other response staff who access the ASPR Portal, EM Portal, NDMS Portal and PHE.gov web sites and their supporting systems.
- Typical support service response/operating times should be from 0800-1700 (EST) unless otherwise directed after hours by the Communications Branch Chief
- Remediation of content to comply with Section 508 Rehabilitation Act (HTML content in SharePoint 2010 and 2013, as well as PDF content in accordance with both federal standards and the standards established by the DHHS).
- Computer systems administration and management (web and social media)
- Provide onsite and virtual training on various 508 compliance software applications and other 508 related topics to ASPR staff, no less than one full (40 hour) week every three months through the PoP
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years of experience related to the posted job description / job responsibilities in lieu of degree.
Experience with 508 compliance management and remediation
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)