|Job Id|| E1975489|
|Job Title||5G System Test Engineer (Entry Level) - Boulder, CO|
|Company||Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.|
|Job Area||Engineering - Systems |
|Location||Colorado - Boulder |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in. The TBS (Test Base Station) program provides internal solutions for verification of QCT chipset modem functionality. Projects within this program currently provide solutions in 5G, LTE,UMTS, and C-V2X (cellular vehicle to everything). Our program is accelerating our 5G feature development and expanding our 5G product team. The TBS product teams are comprised of multiple engineering disciplines (Software, Test, Systems, and Hardware Engineers) providing custom designed, cutting edge, end-to-end RF solutions. A system test engineer works closely with our engineering teams to design and develop test cases, test tools and test environments with a specific focus on automation. Troubleshooting and test execution are also major components of this position. Primary responsibility will be system integration and test with focus on test creation, execution, and issue triage. Additional focus on automation framework development and maintenance along with new feature integration is also an expectation of the position. Applicants should be motivated to learn, eager to debug and resolve issues, have a customer mindset, and be interested in wireless technologies. They should be able to transfer high level requirements into test designs, be familiar with accepted engineering practices, and be able to work independently as well as part of a larger team. Engineer must be willing to travel on occasion and be able to work well with others in a fast paced technical environment.|
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
|Preferred Qualifications||For this entry level role the following experience/knowledge is strongly preferred:|
- Scripting experience specifically in Python and/or Perl.
- Software development in a real-time environment, including data structures and OS concepts.
- Wireless communication systems.
- Relevant experience with system test.
- Test methodologies, debug and test development.
- Experience in wireless communication and embedded devices.
- Experience with communications systems including both physical and upper layers, and knowledge in evaluating wireless communications systems through log analysis isolating issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
|Keywords||LTE, 3GPP, embedded, Perl, Python, System Test, Automation|