The Network Modeling and Analysis program supports telecommunications network modeling and analysis, to ensure required performance of government traffic, especially focusing on priority telecommunications needs in an all-hazards environment. In addition, data analytics related to a user’s range of access technologies (such as WiFi, 4G/5G), multimedia applications (audio, video, image, text), and 5G human / machine interactions through Internet of Things (IoT) must be incorporated. During emergencies or crisis situations, wireless and wireline networks can experience congestion due to increased call volumes and/or damage to network facilities, hindering the ability of public safety and national security and emergency preparedness personnel to complete emergency calls. Government programs provide priority access and prioritized processing in cellular and wireline networks for these key personnel, greatly increasing the probability of call completion.
The public network ecosystems providing priority telecommunication programs are undergoing a technology transformation, along with an explosion in traffic demand, new use-cases, and vertical industries that will compete with priority traffic and provide new government use-case requirements. Noblis assistance to the government through modeling and analysis of the network infrastructure during congestion and disaster scenarios is essential in the new technology environment to evaluate potential performance issues and adapt priority mechanisms to new network protocols. This modeling and analysis is an important part of government acquisition policy and can also influence standards development.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME) either leading or serving on high-performing teams in engineering, modeling, analysis, and testing of IT / telecommunications network solutions, in particular 4G LTE/5G wireless technologies, supporting government agencies.
- Apply education, training or experience in wireless telecommunications technologies, services or protocols, especially 4G LTE/ 5G, and their use for mobile voice and broadband data / video, Internet of Things (IoT), secure cloud connection, and Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) applications. Contribute to solutions that integrate these wireless applications into enterprise solutions with other synergistic telecommunications concepts and technologies, such as Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN), IP Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP-MPLS), and zero trust networking with network segmentation.
- Develop modeling and analysis relating to wireless technologies, including analyzing the effectiveness of network use of alternative National Security / Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) priority treatments. Research the relevant standards and collaborate with internal and stakeholder team to develop an understanding of system of interest and define model.
- Develop discrete-event simulation models using custom simulation code. Develop code to statistically analyze and visualize simulation output.
- Research and develop white papers on the impact of emerging technologies on performance of special classes of network traffic.
- Develop architecture and algorithms to extract useful information from heterogeneous data incorporating a range of access technologies (such as WiFi, 4G/5G), multimedia applications (audio, video, image, text), and 5G human / machine interactions through Internet of Things (IoT).
- Hypothesize and model alternative system configurations to determine effectiveness, tradeoffs, and resiliency of alternative approaches. Construct model scenarios and structure model input parameters; perform statistical analysis of model outputs and characterize input probability distributions.
- Develop analytics to assist in validation of simulation results.
- Work with project team throughout review assumptions, validate results, and document and present results to project team and the government.
- Apply expertise to collaborate across Noblis Centers of Excellence (CoEs). Propose and execute Noblis Sponsored Research (NSR) projects. Support testing of radios and other equipment. Evaluate network architecture alternatives in the Noblis 4G/5G Testbed. The Noblis Internet of Things (IoT) laboratory and Pieces of Eight orchestrated autonomy research was winner of “Most Creative” and “Most Impactful” awards at 2019 Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI) Grand Challenge.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Noblis team leaders and members.
- Contribute technical expertise to marketing and business development activities.
Client Engagement• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management. · Participate on proposals
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s or Ph.D. preferred.
- Accredited degree in Telecommunications / Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Analytics, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Proficient with discrete-event simulation modeling and coding analysis tools; proficient with coding in languages such as: Python, C, Visual Basic. Coursework / background in Statistics.
- Knowledge and expertise with wireless communications protocols including LTE and/or 5G and RF engineering; knowledge of wired communications protocols is also desirable. Knowledge of voice/data/video services and technologies such as Internet of Things and virtualized, software-controlled networks is also desirable.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team and build relationships across Noblis.
- Ability to learn and work independently, yet collaborate effectively with Noblis team leaders, co-workers and government sponsors.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Noblis is an equal opportunity employer.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.