Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Readers Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
Fifth Grade Teacher - 2019-2020 School Year
AMS Peoria - new campus opening fall 2019!
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income students, with a decade-long track record of being either the highest or one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. As part of the AMS family, your role as a Fifth Grade Teacher is to guide our motivated students through an advanced curriculum alongside our team of talented educators.
As we open new schools and grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven teachers eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed - no matter their background - with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. Thats where you come in.
- Are you fiercely dedicated to helping at-risk students forge their way to a college education?
- Do you believe that there are no limits to how much you can improve in the art and science of teaching?
- Do you believe that setting high expectations for students (academically and behaviorally) sets them up for success?
- Do you believe in the importance of a balanced STEM-focused education supplemented with arts, humanities, and character development?
Our teachers answer these questions with an emphatic YES
Qualifications & competencies:
- A bachelors degree or higher
- Prior experience working with children
- Strong analytical abilities and a love for data-driven instruction
- Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative
- High standards for both yourself and your students
- Charter school teachers are NOT required to be certified, but are required to be highly qualified in their grade level or subject
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
In the words of one of our employees, "[AMS has] incredible curriculum and standards that help students succeed. Administration appreciates staff and they express it throughout the school year, and there are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. Everyone is always looking for ways to be better for our students! I am proud to work in an encouraging environment that is so uplifting and positive. I cant say enough great things about AMS."
Interested in pursuing an AMS career?
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
3. Please indicate on your application if you prefer to work in Glendale or Peoria.
Compensation: $40,000 - $50,000 yearly, DOE.