Must have a good driving record.
Must pass physical and drug test.
Must have or be able to obtain NE CDL and Bus Permit (Paid for by KPS).
1. Education: Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalency preferred.
2. Ability to pass the DOT examination.
3. Ability to pass and maintain a valid Nebraska CDL with air brakes and passenger endorsements.
4. Must possess a good driving record.
5. Must be of good moral character.
6. Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays when scheduled.
7. Must be physically able to handle the needs of handicapped passengers in wheelchairs or other
assistive devices as they enter and exit the bus.
8. Physically maneuver wheelchair students using the automatic lift manually to raise and lower lift if automatic lift is not functioning.
9. Fastens harnesses and belts.
10. Secures students in wheelchairs and secures wheelchairs to the bus.
11. Must be able to evacuate special needs students either in their chairs or in case of extreme emergency cut belts and use drag blanket to remove children from vehicle.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Include, but are not limited to)
1. Drives route on regular assigned time.
2. Reports to the Transportation/Maintenance building one half hour before assigned depart times.
3. Follows all rules and regulations for bussing as set forth by the State of Nebraska and the Board ofEducation.
4. Dresses appropriately for the job representing the district.
5. Keeps the interior of bus clean on a regular/scheduled basis.
6. Informs the Transportation Coordinator of any accidents or traffic violations. If in a school vehicle,radios in; if in auto, within 24 hours.
7. Exercises sound judgment and maintains good public relations with parents, staff, and patrons.
8. Performs other duties assigned by the Supervisor of Transportation.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Intellectual, Sensory)
~Proficient in written and oral communication.
~Works well with children and adults.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of the Kearney Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or other protected conditions, in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI and Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Section 504 Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Nebraska Equal Education Opportunity Act.
Any person who believes she or he has been discriminated against, denied a benefit, or been excluded from participation in any district education program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, or other protected conditions, may grieve such matters using the adopted grievance procedures of the Kearney Public School District. Such procedure shall provide for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging acts of discrimination. This position is subject to a veterans' preference.
Inquiries regarding compliance with Title IX, Section 504, Title VI or the Nebraska Equal Opportunity in Education Act may be directed to theDirector of Human Resources, 320 West 24th Street, Kearney, NE, 68845-5345, (308) 698-8011.