This is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
The Associate Project Manager (APM) position is responsible for full life –cycle project management (plan, execute, close) of small to medium budget (up to $50M) multi-discipline capital projects executed by DP&C. Projects will generally be of low to mid-level complexity and the APM is accountable for delivering required scope within approved budget and schedule at specified quality grade in accordance with established Company policies and procedures.
Through integrated planning and effective coordination with other functional groups, the APM, supports safe execution of project activities; highest levels of service reliability, customer service and community relationship; compliance with all permits and environmental and other Federal, state and local regulations.
This position will report directly to the Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supervise and coach direct reports and manage assigned projects staff (indirect reports).
- Lead Project Execution –organizing, directing and coordinating activities and resources, including permitting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning phases
- Monitor/Control – measure project progress against plan (scope, cost, schedule performance, safety); risks response; respond to change request; ensure project is within authorized funding and other corporate compliance requirements
- Planning – Plan project execution including resources, scope, schedule, budget, safety, risk and expenditure and update/revise at routine intervals throughout project life cycle
- Timely and relevant communication with project stakeholders – includes arrange and lead or participate in routine and ad-hoc meetings; ensure timely preparation and issue of reports on project status, progress and updated plans
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of PSEG Standards for Business Controls and Standards of Integrity.
- As an employee of PSE&G you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
- Will be included in DERC on-call coverage
- Will be subject to DOT random drug testing
- Safety Sensitive position
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel to project locations, off-site meetings, etc.
- BS in Engineering or related field,
- 2 years in project management support role;
- At least 6 years work experience in engineering/ construction/ operations in utility or a related field
- Working knowledge of company or industry engineering and design standards
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM-PMI) or equivalent
- Understanding of PJM and Company rules for scheduling outages
- Advanced computer application knowledge, i.e. P6, MS Project, Access or other CPM/scheduling software
- MS in engineering/other discipline
Job Function/Category- Project Management
This site (www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs on the Intranet by going to Information Central, then CareerLink.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choice.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.