Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
7pm - 3:30am, weekends includedGuaranteed 40-hours per week. Shifts may include one weekend day and another day off during the week.
Pick orders according to pick ticket and Vocollect Headset with particular attention given to accuracy, speed, quality and safety. Must have sensory capabilities to avoid accidents as warehouse environment involves fast moving forklifts and power jack equipment.
Essential Responsibilities Include, and Are Not Limited To:
- Pick orders in a refrigerated warehouse using a voice pick system
- Build pallets and prepare orders to go out for delivery
- Double check orders for accuracy
- Communicate any inventory, stocking, racking or equipment maintenance issues to supervisors
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive hourly wage
- 90 day performance-based salary evaluation
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Robust employee assistance program.
- Paid time off and paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits
- 100% employer paid college tuition program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401k available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Excellent time management and team working skills
- Commitment to quality
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Warehouse experience is a plus but we will train chosen candidates with no warehouse experience
- Previous electric riding pallet jack experience a plus
- Previous forklift experience a plus
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment, 35 – 45 degrees
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritize activities under pressure
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Ability to actively engage in continuous improvement activities
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test including marijuana
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.