802.11 Test Engineer (Wi-Fi Connectivity) for global device company in Sunnyvale, CA
You will join a dynamic team delivering a quality wireless experience on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products.
Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company?
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and experienced wireless performance test engineer with a background in WiFi, Bluetooth or other wireless technologies to join us on the Mac System Quality Team.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Test Engineer on any wireless technologies.
- Deep understanding and prior experience working on 802.11 MAC/PHY protocols
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience using network tools like iPerf, Wireshark etc.
- Deep understanding of operating systems (MacOS, Unix, etc)
- Good debugging experience. White-box testing experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Develop, design and execute tests to test wireless features on Macintosh computers and other Apple products.
- Develop and maintain carefully calibrated test beds for accurate wireless performance measurements
- Develop test plans and other test documentation as required
- Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs using debugging and performance analysis tools.
- Automate test cases to improve productivity
- Work closely and clearly communicate with all cross-functional teams
- BS EE/CS or equivalent experience
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (will work onsite)
Duration: 6 months with possible extension for 1 year
Submit resume to jobs@OSIengineering.com
Hardware Test Engineer