Visit our website to see our current openings!
This position will work 12-hour rotating shifts.
This class receives records and 911 calls, routes emergency and non-emergency communications, dispatches applicable agencies, maintains and documents radio communication and other records.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
1. Receives telephone calls reporting situations, incidences of an emergency nature, or life-threatening nature and directs emergency services, questions caller and solicits information, and receives and routes emergency and non-emergency telephone calls to appropriate Public Safety Answering Point.
2. Dispatches appropriate units to specific calls utilizing a radio console; tracks calls and notifies appropriate individual(s) of situations requiring their attention.
3. Maintains and retrieves information from Initial Compliant Reports (ICRs), files, and computer programs; disseminates information to appropriate agencies and individuals.
4. Maintains and files court documents in ICRs. Enters data into state and federal computer systems.
5. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
A high school diploma/GED equivalent is required.
Preferred: Associate's degree and two (2) years related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
PsPortals (State and Federal shared system) certification
Valid MN Driver's License