HFS Company, a nationally recognized project management firm, specializes in providing support services across the entire facilities lifecycle to assist our clients reach their capital improvement goals economically and strategically.
We currently have two opening at our corporate office in San Antonio, Texas. Join a successful team that has fun together every day while making a difference in the lives of our active duty military and veterans.
Architecture/Engineering Program Director
With diverse responsibilities, your days will include participating in proposal development to include schedules and budgets for solicitation response submissions, organizing A/E teams to execute design, construction management and other activities.
Manage design, AE studies and construction phase services. Assemble AE and design teams and play an active role in business development activities, identifying and tracking new and potential AE opportunities.
Build and maintain good working relationships with contract/subcontract customers, suppliers, teammates and potential new clients. Travel opportunities include visiting local and remote sites to meet with current and potential clients and teammates as well as participating in relevant conferences and presentation opportunities.
- Bachelors in Architecture or Engineering
- Must be currently registered/licensed in a US state (Architect or Engineer)
- 10+ years’ experience managing business or military projects, 5 of which should be in a supervisory role
- 5+ years’ experience preparing federal project estimates and proposals.
- Strong organization, planning and time management habits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proposals/contract documents, etc.
- Ability to think analytically, make thoughtful decisions and create solutions to problems.
- Ability to delegate to and evaluate employees and provide constructive feedback.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Project. Knowledgeable of Internet usage.
- Knowledge of DOD or other federal Government contracting regulations preferred
- Project experience in healthcare environment preferred
- Proficiency in Auto CAD or BIM a plus
Great position for a recent grad with an opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Assist in all phases of project design, including construction documents and construction administration. Perform design computations, compiles data, and completes elementary architectural assignments as well as routine drafting of construction drawings and compiling of specification documents for contracts and building projects.
Coordinate development of project design with project managers and consultants and work with the Design Director and project team on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production. Manage and coordinate multiple small to large scale projects simultaneously. You’ll also help with project administration such as managing invoice summaries, tracking deliverables, document control.
Research solutions to artistic or technical issues and assist with cost estimates. Some travel to jobsite locations for site investigations and pricing of design work or for field inspections during construction and to offsite project meetings.
- Bachelors in Architecture
- Knowledge of building design and construction means, methods and techniques
- Ability to prepare architectural documents and specifications for projects
- Ability to read redlines and modify BIM models or drawings
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to write clearly to communicate technical issues and design ideas
- Excellent verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Strong organization, planning and time management habits
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and CAD
Candidates for both positions must be able to pass basic background check for entry to US government-owned facilities and must be currently authorized to work in the United Sates on a full-time basis. HFS Company does not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
HFS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We offer competitive pay and a good benefit package including $1000 per year for professional development and a fully-vested 5% 401k match after only one year. We offer PTO, paid holidays and various insurance plans. We invite you to apply and look forward to reviewing your credentials.