Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for the position of ADA Coordinator.
This position is a part-time position and is responsible for education, services and support for students with disabilities as well as assisting with other students of concern. Focus is on educational skill building, documentation assessment, and accommodation determination for students, along with educational training on serving the needs of students with disabilities for faculty and staff.
Position requirements include:
* Master’s degree in special education, counseling, rehabilitation, or other appropriate field
* Five (5) years’ experience working with people who have disabilities in an educational and/or counseling setting with secondary or college-age populations
* Knowledge of relevant laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA)
* Ability to plan and schedule own work
* Knowledge of current Federal/State laws, regulations and codes that affect disabilities services policy and current issues and research within the profession
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Expertise in analyzing and interpreting psychometric reports and other professional documentation as well as recommend and negotiate reasonable and appropriate accommodations
* A well-developed knowledge base regarding learning skills and the use of technology as an auxiliary aid for students with disabilities
* Ability to work effectively with a culturally, socially, and economically diverse community population with skills in communicating across cultures
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
* Knowledge of off-campus referrals for students who need more extensive support and/or testing
* Ability to travel occasionally to conduct college business
* Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Texas Lutheran University, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio. For more information about TLU, consult our web site at www.tlu.edu Please submit an application, a resume, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155 E-mail: email@example.comHelp
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Texas Lutheran University has been recognized as a “Great College to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education and also is on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The University is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and also is subject to the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). Texas Lutheran University is committed to diversity.