We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Ford’s Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
We are seeking seasoned professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. We are seeking to add high quality people to the team rather than trying to squeeze engineers into a specific role.
- Provide design and development support of data analytics and definition of Service oriented architecture (SoA) services, working with internal Feature development teams
- Review and understand Cyber Security specifications and evaluate them in the context of the DAT controller.
- Review and understand the specifications for over the air updates. Develop analysis and definition of strategy for Over-The-Air Updates, working with suppliers and Ford engineers
- Provide design and development support to suppliers and Ford engineers as it relates to integration of these requirements into DAT system
- Define the test setup needs in terms of benches and hardware in the loop systems that could be used conduct V&V
- Develop test plans for the above functions, per the timing needs of the project.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in Automotive Embedded development on a microcontroller architecture
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience in Automotive Cyber Security including familiarity with Secure Hardware Extension (SHE) and EVITA
- Strong background in microcontroller hardware and embedded, real-time driver software development, including security related implementations
- Strong background with SoC security (ARM TrustZone, proprietary solutions, etc.)
- Strong background with embedded bootloaders and software update strategies
- Strong background in Automotive communication (CAN, LIN, Ethernet AVB) software design and implementation
- Familiarity with ADAS system design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.