The position detailed below is a full-time, non-exempt hourly, benefit eligible position. The pay range for this position is $15 per hour with opportunities for growth. The work schedule for this position corresponds with the assigned schools’ teacher work hours, including school scheduled breaks for time off.
The ALPHA Program provides a prevention program in a school based setting to empower youths with the social-emotional learning and substance abuse prevention skills they need to lead happy and healthy lives. Skill development is at the core of the curriculum used in ALPHA, designed to mitigate the risk factors and enhance protective factors related to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) use. The ALPHA Facilitator will provide support to a caseload of students in individual and group sessions providing support and guidance with students, as well as facilitating lessons that introduce and develop social and emotional skills for making healthy choices, building positive friendships, developing self-efficacy, communicating effectively, and resisting peer pressure and influence.
• Associate’s Degree in social work or a related human services field from an accredited college or university
• Bachelors or Masters degree in social work or a related human services field from an accredited college or university, highly desirable
• Experience in a classroom setting or working directly with youth, highly desirable
• A knowledge of, or willingness to learn, a variety of prevention strategies
• Ability to recognize risk factors and protective factors, as well as the impact of them on the population served
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Successful motor vehicle background check
• Successful background screenings through local law enforcement, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and FBI