STAFF PHYSICIAN - ANESTHESIOLOGIST
If you’re looking for a professional atmosphere where team work is present and quality care is the name of the game, then the Department of Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System is for you.
At the New York Harbor Healthcare System, the Anesthesiologist performs cardiac, thoracic, neuro, vascular, ortho, GU, ophthalmology cases, etc. No peds or Ob.
Cardiac fellowship and TEE experience would be a plus. We have a close affiliation with NYU and participate in their residency teaching programs and conferences (if desired). Opportunity for academic appointment at NYU. The VA is a leader in providing time for outside conferences for the growth and continued erudition of its professionals.
- Administers various types of anesthetics to render patients insensitive to pain during operations and other procedures either supervising residents, CRNAs, student nurse anesthetists or doing own cases
- Review the history and examines the patient to determine the degree of surgical risk and ascertains the types of pre-anesthetic sedation to be ordered.
- Observes patients and monitors equipment for adverse reactions during anesthesia.
- Completes necessary records of anesthetic administered; pre and post-anesthesia medications.
- Selects the anesthetic best adapted to the patient's condition advises and consults with surgeon regarding the patient's condition and the risks involved.
- On call duties
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package including malpractice and a great retirement plan. Explore these and other major benefits offered to most Federal employees at:
We are a diverse anesthesia group with an excellent opportunity for the right person who wants to work in Manhattan.
Work Schedule : Discussed during Interview
Please submit resumes to email@example.comHelp
The VA is an EOE M/F/V/H.