This a 12 months contracting engagement to coordinate and collaborate with global and regional architecture and business/technical teams to establish and govern API-centric architecture in the Americas. S/He needs to work with the global architecture teams to fully understand API-First principles, strategy, and timelines, and work with various technical, business, and functional stakeholders, and solution designers to align projects and practices with the API-First vision. S/He will function as the regional product owner of all APIs deployed across the region and responsible for driving the vision and roadmap of API deployment in line with the API Cartography.
Below are the main objectives and responsibilities of the engagement.
- Define and document the API product portfolio vision and enterprise API strategy
- Define and document the API integration/interoperability strategy and how this relates to other technologies within CIB (patterns, anti-patterns, …)
- Gather API requirements across CIB Americas, maintain an active API deployment roadmap, and manage prioritization of API product delivery
- Collaborate with the API Designers, the API Platform Owner/Manager and the underlying service owners to execute the API delivery plan
- Define, document and execute the API Governance process across CIB to ensure APIs are of high quality
- Assist the API Programme Lead to represent CIB in API-related initiatives at Wholesale and Group level
- Serve as a subject matter expert on API Strategy, API Design, API-First Cartography, particularly API-First best practices and governance.
- Provide API-First expertise, evaluation, and input in project architecture reviews
- Contribute to the promotion of project API-architecture requirements to support compliance with CIB and Group API Standards
- Facilitate and/or contribute to API technical workshops within CIB
- Work closely with project stakeholders and development managers to keep abreast of API principles, plans, and timeline
- Support the development of staff API-First evangelists and SMEs
- Contribute to the standardization and industrialization of the API services provided in order to accelerate the CIB business time to market and to best support the rapid changes of the bank and its environment within established timeline and cost constraints
Person must have:
- Must be a highly experience solution architect, having designed complex distributed enterprise applications, ideally within the banking industry.
- Ability to quickly study and align with CIB standards, norms and approaches to technology
- Exceptional ability to analyse and communicate highly complex integration and architecture subjects in a methodical and effective manner.
- Good product management and product design experience
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication skills
The candidate will have proven experience as an API architect, integrator, problem-solver, and communicator. S/He must be particularly well versed in API best practices and API antipatterns. Experience with one or more API-management platforms is a plus. Experience with Google Apigee is a strong plus.
The person should be an innovative, highly skilled individual who can add value to the IT and business community at a practical level and work with developers, production staff, functional architects, sponsors and senior management.
Additionally, the following are required:
- Experience with complex application and functional/technical architectures in the financial industry
- Experience with Agile or similar iterative design/development processes
- Architecture/API modelling and design experience, including a knowledge of development methods and tools
- Basic knowledge and experience of one or more architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to develop solutions to complex requirements
- Ability to think and work at both a low level of detail and a high level of abstraction, with an understanding of the interactions and benefits of each.
- Highly developed written communication skills both in document production and development of architecture/API models.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience of presenting complex technology and strategy concepts to a wide range of stakeholders, understanding their views and positions and how these views will influence proposed solutions
Required Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience.